Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

In the forms I beheld the Formless... Mystic Poems of Kabir

In the forms I beheld the Formless... Mystic Poems of Kabir

In the forms I beheld the Formless..... Mystic Poems of Kabir


SantMat_Mystic_(James)
http://profiles.yahoo.com/santmat_mystic

KABIR:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KABIR





What a music of the flute!
It fills me with bliss.

No wick yet
a lamp lights up,
no roots yet
a lotus blossoms,
and myriad flowers
nod their heads.

As moon-bird
cries for the moon,
and rain-bird
pines for the rain-drop,
so longing for God,
I live forever with saints.


The restless mind
is put at rest, and
the heart is illumined.

In the forms I beheld
the Formless,
along with the Friend.

Breaking the shackles,
You set me free
from all the bondage.

Now Inaccessible
is accessible,
and soaked in love is Kabir.

-- Kabir

translated by Sushila Mahajan, in,
Says Kabir.....A Collection of
One Hundred and Ten Poems of Kabir
Deep & Deep Publications, New Delhi