Listen @ Youtube:
Or Click to Listen or Download:
(One can also right-click on the link or the audio player and save/download the MP3.)
Guru Kabir is considered to be one of the primary founding masters of Sant Mat spirituality, the Sant tradition. Kabir is also the "Rumi" of India, a wonderful bhakti poet-mystic and lover of the Beloved Lord of the Soul, the Ocean of Love.
Sant Kabir lived during the fifteenth century, raised near Banaras by Muslim parents. He was a weaver, a simple and unlettered man, who earned his living at the loom. It is out of the heart of the common life that he sings his rapturous lyrics of Divine love.
“Kabir” is an Islamic name popular in the Muslim world — it’s one of the “Ninety-Nine Names of Allah” found in the Koran, meaning, “The Greatest”.
Today, Kabir has over twenty-five million devotees in various Kabir Panth and Sant lineages, and is loved by Sikhs, Hindus, Jains, Christians, and Muslims alike. Kabir’s hymns are still sung in the satsangs of various paths all over India and around the world.
Everyone’s Universal Saint, Kabir was:
a Master or Sant Sat Guru of Surat Shabd Yoga, a founding Guru of Sant Mat and Kabir Panths;
* a musician and poet of Nirguna Bhakti (love and devotion for the One Beloved Formless God);
* a great teacher of Eastern Gnosis (Gnosticism or mysticism);
* peace maker between Hindus and Muslims;
* a social reformer in India who denounced the caste system;
* thought of by many in Islam to be a Sufi Master or Murshid;
* believed by Hindus to be one of the greatest poet-mystics and Vaishnava devotees in the history of India;
* considered a Bhagat by the Sikhs — many of his hymns are included in the Adi Granth (Guru Granth Sahib, the Sikh scriptures);
* influenced by Goraknath and the Nath Yogis, and the Nath Yogis of northern India were, in turn, influenced by Tantric Buddhism;
Kabir’s spirituality is a blend of Prem and Bhakti: love and devotion for the Beloved Lord, the One God (Ek Ongkaar), and mystical, soul travel experiences of a visionary and auditory nature (Inner Light and Sound Meditation, Surat Shabd Yoga).
A new Kabir book is now available in English called, "The Complete Bijak Of Kabir -- Guru Kabir's Mystical Teachings on God-Realization", by Dr. Jagessar Das, translating into English and commenting on the entire Bijak of Kabir. This is an impressive work, a true, grassroots "satsang template" of traditional Sant Mat, wonderful to have, featuring all 11 sections of the Bijak in one volume: the Ramainis, Shabdas, Sakhis, Gyan Chowntisa, Vipramtisi, Kahara, Basant, Chachar, Beli, Birahuli, and Hindola. You can find it at Amazon.
"Bij" means: the seed or essence. "Bijak" means treasure. The Bijak of Kabir is intended to be a treasure-map to the essence of reality: our soul and God.
Another new book explored during this Sant Mat satsang podcast is, The Brahm Nirupan of Kabir, a very informative collection of over three hundred and fifty sayings about meditation practice, the inward journey of the soul, and offers the genuine spiritual seeker much wisdom about how to life a spiritual life.
Podcast Download Page:
Jai Guru. Radhasoami. Jai Sat Naam. Satya Raam!
All for the love of wisdom and radio,
Donate Button on This Page:
Subscribe to podcasts-on-demand for free here:
Or here (another RSS Feed address):